The Office of Community Liaison (OCL) works in each of APD's 4 regions as dictated by the needs of the department and the community. Outreach objectives include, but are not limited to:
- Attending safety fairs where the community can interact positively with police officers and other public safety representatives in their neighborhoods
- Participating in Town Hall/neighborhood meetings called to address specific issues
- Collaborating on projects with officers and community groups, which address long or short-term problems
- Establishing communication links and partnerships between the police department and Austin residents
- Coordinating ongoing projects, special events and celebrations for the officers and those we serve in Austin
- Working collaboratively to assist one another within our outreach areas
To obtain more information, contact the APD Office of Community Liaison at 512-974-4700 or by email.