Volunteer Opportunities at the George Washington Carver Museum, Cultural, and Genealogy Center
George Washington Carver Museum, Cultural and Genealogy Center Volunteer Program creates a mutually supportive environment for Carver Staff and Community Members through volunteerism.
TYPES OF SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES
• Special Event – Volunteers for Carver events and public programs.
• Ongoing Service – Volunteers on a scheduled or periodic basis with specific assignment related to programs and projects.
• Docent – Serves as a volunteer tour guide and presenter.
• Summer Internship – Serves on a set schedule throughout the summer.
• Group Volunteerism – Volunteer with a group or organization.
1. Complete Application and Return to Volunteer Coordinator (30-45 minutes)
2. Schedule Placement Interview (1 hour)
3. Participate in Orientation – Requires personal headphones (2 hours)
4. Receive Volunteer Assignment and Schedule
VOLUNTEER APPLICATION PACKET
• Volunteer Application – This can be filled out digitally or printed. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org or return in person at 1165 Angelina St. Austin, Texas 78702.
• Parks and Recreation Volunteer Release and Waiver of Liability – Digital or in print to be submitted with Volunteer Application.
• Criminal Background Check Form – This must be printed out and signed. Please bring this with you to your interview.