Be an Austin Lifeguard!
Lifeguard and Aquatic Temp Jobs
Signing Bonus of $500 to be paid mid-season to lifeguards and temporary aquatic staff who:
- Are trained and ready to work by June 6
Completion Bonus of $500 to be paid at the end of the season for lifeguards and temporary aquatic staff who meet both of the following criteria:
- Work 15 hours the last week of summer (August 7- August 13, 2022)
- Are available to work on Sunday, August 14 (AISD classes begin on Monday, August 15)
Advanced Certification Bonus of $250 for any lifeguard who obtains one of the following:
- Advanced certification of Open Water Lifeguarding
- Swim Instructor Certifications
- Lifeguard Instructor
Welcome to the Aquatic Division, part of the Austin Parks and Recreation Department. The Aquatic Division operates 45 public aquatic facilities, which includes 7 Regional pools, 3 Community pools, 22 Neighborhood pools, 1 Wading pool, Barton Springs Pool and 11 splash pads. In addition to coordinating open water events and swim team competitions, we also offer instructional programs such as masters swim, lifeguard and water safety training and youth and adult swim lessons.