Our division strives to provide helpful programs and resources to guide small business owners.
The BizAid Business Orientation is a no-cost opportunity to meet with business professionals who can provide you with basic information and guidance. Register for a BizAid Business Orientation offered online.
The BizOpen Orientation covers the general development process including zoning, permitting, inspections, events and obtaining a certificate of occupancy. BizOpen serves as a point of contact for new and existing small business owners seeking assistance navigating the Planning and Zoning Department as well as the Development Services Department. Register for a BizOpen Orientation
Individualized BizAid Coaching is available at no cost to existing small business owners to help develop a marketing strategy, find lending assistance, learn to effectively network, or become more competitive with a business plan.
Visit our calendar for a complete list of upcoming classes and events developed to help small business owners develop skills.
The Small Business Preparedness is a resource site to aid and assist businesses in creating a plan for disaster recovery as well as finding help after economic and natural disasters. This site is by no means comprehensive; however, the information contained may meet the immediate needs of your business during your time of preparation and recovery.
Market Research Tools
- Small Business Resource Directory - in this comprehensive directory of non-profit agencies, local, state, and federal governments.
- AtoZdatabases - Directory and marketing database that includes 30 million businesses and 220 million residents.
- BizMiner - Detailed information to help you understand your firm's position related to the financial performance of similar firms in the industry. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512-974-7800 for a customized report.
- CoStar - Comprehensive commercial real estate database for the local region. Email email@example.com or call 512-974-7800 for a customized report.
- IBISWorld - Local industry research reports to help entrepreneurs make better business decisions. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512-974-7800 for a customized report.
- SizeUpAustin - Easy-to-use platform that allows you to receive data to help your small business make better decisions around competitive benchmarking, customers, suppliers, marketing, advertising, and demographics.