Notice: The Development Assistance Center will close on Friday, July 29th at 11:00 a.m., for team building and employee engagement. Normal Operations will resume at 3:00 p.m.
The Development Assistance Center (DAC) serves as the initial interface between the community and the department. The DAC provides development consulting information and serves as the foundation for the customer preparing their land development application and City staff conducting the site review and inspection. The DAC also provides business-related permitting services.
Services provided by the DAC include the following:
Click here to view applications for permit-related services listed below:
- After Hours Concrete Pouring Permit (Central Business District only)
- Board of Adjustment support
- BYOB Venue Permit - Applies to a commercial establishment that is not licensed or permitted by the TABC. See Chapter 4-11 of the City Code for additional requirements.
- Development process and regulation consulting.
- Document Sales
- Electrical meter can sales
- Land Status Determination
- Mobile Retail Vending Permits
- Outdoor Music Venue Permits - For a commercial property where sound equipment is not fully enclosed by permanent. solid walls and a roof. See Chapter 9-2 of the City Code.
- Records Research Assistance
- Sign Permit - Required for a sign that is visible from the street right-of-way and is used for advertising. See Chapter 25-10 of the City Code.
- Site Plan Correction Request
- Site Plan Exemption Request
- Temporary Use Permit - Defined as the short-term use of a property not included in any existing site plan or certificate of occupancy. See Chapter 25-2-921 of the City Code.
- Temporary Event Sound Permits
- Utility consulting
- Water and Wastewater meter sales
- Zoning Verification - (must have County Tax Parcel number)