The City Clerk is directed to form a task force of current board and commission members that will recommend a boards and commissions transition plan to Council by April 2014, with an update report in March 2014. This Task Force shall:
- be composed of 10-15 members that have served on a board or commission for one year or longer. The City Clerk shall convene the first meeting and serve as the Chair until the Task Force appoints a Chair.
- include no more than two members from the same board or commission.
- follow the Open Meetings Act and provide an opportunity for public comment.
- provide recommendations on the following items including, but not limited to:
- Transition plan for board and commission appointments.
- The number of members per board and commission, including the potential for fewer than eleven members per each board.
- Appointment process for boards and commissions under the 10-1 system, including how the vetting and selection process may work if the process shifts away from one appointee per Council Member.
- Potential for redistributing board responsibilities among a smaller number of boards.
- Potential updates to Chapter 2-1 of the City Code.
Meetings begin at 4:00 PM
- February 10: City Hall
- February 12: City Hall
- February 19: City Hall
- February 26: Waller Creek (625 E 10th St 78701)
- March 3: Waller Creek (625 E 10th St 78701)
- March 5: Town Lake Center (721 Barton Springs Rd 78704)
March 10: City HallCancelled
March 12: City HallCancelled
March 17: Austin Animal Center (7201 Levander Loop 78721)Cancelled
- March 19: City Hall
- March 24: City Hall
- March 26: One Texas Center (505 Barton Springs Rd 78704)
- March 31: City Hall
- April 2: City Hall
- April 9: City Hall
- April 14: City Hall
- April 16: City Hall
- April 21: City Hall
- April 23: City Hall
- April 28: City Hall
- April 30: City Hall
- Myrna Rios, Office of the City Clerk, 512-974-2504