Advisory body to the city council and city manager regarding problems affecting persons with disabilities in the Austin area. Established to encourage, assist and enable persons with disabilities to participate in the social and economic life of the City, achieve maximum personal independence, become gainfully employed, and use and enjoy fully and use all public and private facilities available within the community. See Section 2-1-108 of the City Code for additional duties.
Per ordinance 20141211-204, the board was formerly known as the Austin Mayor's Committee for People with Disabilities; the name was changed to Mayor's Committee for People with Disabilities.
For more information see the Office of Civil Rights.
- City Hall Boards & Commissions Room
- See Agenda for meeting details and time
2023 Meeting Schedule:
- January 13, 2023
- February 10, 2023
- March 10, 2023
- April 14, 2023
- May 12, 2023
- June 9, 2023
- July 14, 2023
- August 11, 2023
- September 8, 2023
- October 13, 2023
- November 3, 2023
- December 8, 2023
- Jacquelyn Alexander, Management Services, 512-978-1592
- Damian Pantoja, Office of Civil Rights, 512-974-3253
- Tamela Saldana, Small and Minority Business Resources, 512-974-7844