The ATX+ Entrepreneurship Program is an international business development and cultural exchange program by the City of Austin Economic Development Department. ATX+ leverages a network of global resources to facilitate sustainable, educational, cultural, creative, and commercial partnerships to grow businesses and power local economies.
ATX+ has connected Austin’s innovative ecosystems to emerging economies around the world since 2015. This includes recent partnerships with Pakistan and Egypt.
- Unique market access opportunities to refine and scale their business
- Learn and manage strategies to navigate the economic downturn caused by the global COVID-19 pandemic
- Customized business development programming
- Curated networking, training, and mentorship opportunities
- International market exploration delegations, conferences, and educational workshops
Global Market Expansion Track:
- Provides international startups with customized blueprints to access the United States market via Austin, Texas
- Creates sustainable platforms for Austin creatives, innovators, and investors to access international markets
Fashion Forward Track:
- Provides curated programming to increase textile import and export
- Offers opportunities to implement market testing by creating retail fashion pop-up shop experiences
- Grants access to a comprehensive fashion business educational experience
ATX+ Entrepreneurship Programs
ATX+EGYPT started in 2019 as a partnership between the City of Austin Economic Development Department and U.S. Embassy in Cairo, Egypt. The exchange program consists of a mixed group of entrepreneurs from Egypt. The participating startups represented different parts of the creative ecosystem, including the fashion, circular economy, tech, and food sectors.
ATX+EGY II: Fashion Track - The second cohort of ATX+EGY will launch virtually in late 2020. It will focus on fashion business management and entrepreneurship, leveraging local and national resources to deliver a superior experience that promotes cultural engagement and global business expansion. Eligible applicants include fashion designers from Egypt and the City of Austin.
ATX+PAK is a U.S. Department of State funded initiative which connects entrepreneurs, investors, influencers, and educators in Austin’s thriving startup community to their counterparts in Pakistan’s emerging innovation ecosystem centered in Lahore to facilitate sustainable economic growth.