The City of Austin's Small & Minority Business Resources Department certifies qualified firms as Minority-Owned Business Enterprises (MBE), Women-Owned Business Enterprises (WBE), Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE), Airport Concession Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (ACDBE), and Small Business Enterprises (SBE).
The Certification Division verifies that the minority and/or women business applicant owns, manages, and controls the day-to-day operations of the for-profit business in compliance with the MBE/WBE Procurement Program Ordinance, Chapter(s) 2-9 (A)(B)(C) and (D) of the City Code.
MBE/WBE General Eligibility Requirements:
- 51% owned by socially and economically disadvantaged individual(s) from one of the presumed groups.
- Socially and Economically individual(s) must manage and control the day-to-day operations
- Native American
- A small business as defined by the Small Business Administration's (SBA) Size Standard Guidelines
- Personal Net Worth (PNW) must not exceed $1,697,000 for MBE/WBE certification
- MBE/WBE applicant must have a facility located within the State of Texas for at least 90 days
- Must be a for-profit business