- Long-term Concessions - Existing or New Proposals
Each year, the department may accept proposals/concepts for new long-term concessions within the park system.
Current long-term concessionaires.
- Special Event Concessions
The majority of large special events held in parks are rentals.
Please contact the event promoter to vend at permitted special events through the event website.
- Temporary (seasonal) Concessions
Temporary concessions (vending, merchandise, sales, etc.) help to enhance park services offered to patrons during peak times of usage throughout the year on parkland. Temporary (seasonal) permits, single-day permits, performing artists in the parks, and permits for inflatables/moonwalks/rockwalls are available.
Temporary Concession Information
Permits are issued on a per request basis at authorized sites. To apply for a permit, complete and submit an application. Some parks are permitted through a competitive seasonal application process.
- Permits will not be issued for vending along the hike and bike trail or on the greenbelts.
- Concession permits, are typically NOT issued for vendors to vend immediately outside or near key corridors/areas around permitted special events where organizers typically coordinate vendors inside their permitted grounds and spaces.
Commercial youth programming or classes must utilize the Instructional Contractor Process.
- Commercial Use of Dedicated Parkland
The City of Austin has been experiencing a proliferation of commercial use on dedicated parkland for outdoor activities, such as dog training, paddle boarding, yoga classes, non-motorized tour group services and similar activities.
Permits for commercial use of public parkland are required for such non-permanent activities at approved park locations.
Permits are issued at authorized identified sites in 2 seasons, January - June, and July - December.
Permanent Concessions - Existing or New Proposals
Each year, the department may accept proposals/concepts for new permanent concessions within the park system. View current permanent concessionaires.