The Music Commission advises City Council on local music industry and development issues. Duties are advisory and include: Studying the development of the music industry, assisting in the implementation of programs to meet the needs created by the development of the industry; and review matters that may affect the music industry in Austin. See Section 2-1-109 of the City Code for additional duties.
Per ordinance 20141211-204, the board was formerly known as the Austin Music Commission; the name was changed to Music Commission.
Music Commission Meeting Musical Performances:
- Music Commissioners take turns recommending a musician or band from the district they represent to present a video performance and answer questions about their music at each regular meeting. To determine your Austin Council District, look up your home address, then contact the corresponding Music Commissioner for your Council District. These opportunities are compensated; contact Erica Shamaly for additional information.
- First Monday of each month
- 6:30 p.m.
- See agenda or contact liaisons for meeting location
View Agendas, Approved Minutes and Supporting Documents
2022 Meeting Schedule:
- January 3, 2022 - Canceled
- February 7, 2022
- March 7, 2022
- April 4, 2022
- May 2, 2022
- June 6, 2022
- July 11, 2022
- August 1, 2022
- September 12, 2022
- October 3, 2022
- November 7, 2022
- December 5, 2022
- Kimberly McCarson, Economic Development Department, 512-974-7963
- Erica Shamaly, Economic Development Department, 512-417-3440
By-laws: Austin Music Commission, PDF