About the Planning and Zoning Department
The Purpose of the Planning and Zoning Department is to provide planning, preservation and design services to make Austin the most livable city in the country.
- Interim-Director: Denise Lucas
- Organization Chart (PDF)
- Contact Information: 512-974-3583
- Hours of Operation: 7:45 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
- Location: One Texas Center, 505 Barton Springs Road, 5th Floor
- City Boundaries and Special Districts
- Code Amendments
- Historic Preservation
- Imagine Austin
- Long Range Planning
- Maps and Data
- Media Relations – 512-974-2743
- Office of the Director - 512-974-3531
- Urban Design - 5th Floor - 512-974-2975
- Zoning Review
- For Zoning Verification, contact the Development Services Department at 512-978-4000. (A County Tax Parcel number is required).