Sudden housing displacement can have destabilizing effects on the most vulnerable members of our community, including low-income households and elderly and disabled residents. The Tenant Relocation Assistance Program supports vulnerable low-income households, the elderly, and persons with disabilities facing displacement.
- Requires landlords to provide notice about property redevelopment and resources for displaced tenants
- Provides information on community services/legal assistance
The City of Austin has established the Tenant Notification and Relocation Assistance Ordinance, which provides tenant notification and relocation assistance requirements.
The City has also established the Tenant Relocation Assistance Program Rules, which provide detailed information on how to comply with the ordinance, including how to deliver notice to tenants.
Tenant Notification Forms
The following forms are available for download by applicants seeking development permits or approvals that trigger the tenant notification requirement of the Tenant Notification and Relocation Assistance Ordinance (see City of Austin Land Development Code Section 25-1-712 and 25-1-713 for more information):
- Tenant Notification Packet - Multifamily
- Tenant Notification Packet - Multifamily - SPANISH
- Tenant Notification Packet - Mobile Home Park
- Tenant Notification Packet - Mobile Home Park - SPANISH
- Signage - Multifamily
- Signage - Multifamily - SPANISH
- Signage - Mobile Home Park
- Signage - Mobile Home Park - SPANISH