The Urban Forest Grant strengthens Austin’s urban forest by funding stewardship activities like tree planting, tree care, education, and disease control projects.
Urban trees face different challenges than their rural counterparts. In a city, trees must be cared for, pests managed, and trees planted to support a healthy canopy cover. When you apply for a grant you’re investing time and energy into your community that will benefit you and future generations.
Applications are due January 1 and July 1. Applications received after the deadlines will be considered for the following application cycle.
Who Can Apply?
Applicants can include:
- Parent-teacher groups
- Academic and private institutions
- Nonprofit organizations
- Community groups
- Motivated individuals committed to engaging their community
How do I apply?
More Urban Grant Details
- Eligible Projects
Eligible projects should:
- Enhance the long-term health of Austin’s urban forest
- Support some or all aspects of the community’s Urban Forest Vision
- Benefit, or are located on, civic property within Austin city limits
- Follow City of Austin, federal, and state regulations
- Project Guidelines
Park Projects (PDF)
- Get Inspired! View Past Projects
Have more questions or want help scoping your project? Not sure if it will qualify? Ask the grant manager by emailing Jason Traweek.