The Austin Parks and Recreation Department (PARD) is working with the community to create a new vision for Beverly S. Sheffield Northwest District Park.
- Share your memories - Comparta sus recuerdos - SpeakUpAustin
- Community Meeting #1: What We've Heard
- May 4, 2021
- View presentation slides (PDF, 16 MB)
- Survey #2: Review Your the Planning Values (open May 4 to May 17, 2021)
Beverly S. Sheffield Northwest District Park is a 31-acre park in the Allandale neighborhood. The park was acquired by the City of Austin in 1955, and was last planned in 1987. Located at 7000 Ardath Street, the park is named after former director of the Parks and Recreation Department, Beverly S. Sheffield. Park amenities include baseball fields, basketball and tennis courts, a pool, rentable picnic spaces, a duck pond, and trails along Shoal Creek.
Over the next several months, PARD will gather community input and develop a park plan based on feedback and community needs. The plan will include recommendations for phased implementation.
- Engage community stakeholders in visioning the park’s future
- Create a plan to guide phased implementation of desired park updates and features
- Small group meetings
- April 6, 2021 Recreation and activities
- April 20, 2021 Neighborhoods, communities, schools
- April 27, 2021 Nature and environment
- Community Meetings
- May 4, 2021 Community meeting #1: What we've heard
- June 15, 2021 Community meeting #2: Proposed site concepts
- August 3, 2021 Community meeting #3: Draft final concept
- October-November 2021 Finalize park vision plan
- December 2021: Present park vision plan to boards and commissions for approval
Due to COVID-19 pandemic, timeline may be modified
Community members are invited to participate in community engagement events and opportunities to share about park needs and uses. Opportunities will include community meetings (virtually and possibly in-person), virtual small group meetings, and online survey opportunities. The first small group meetings will take place in April 2021, with larger community meetings beginning in May 2021. Check back to register.
Give us your feedback about the future of Sheffield Northwest District Park.
Community Survey #1 (closed April 19, 2021)
View survey results (coming soon)
Share your memories - Comparta sus recuerdos - SpeakUpAustin
Community Meeting #1: What We've Heard
May 4, 2021
Two times available; register for your preferred time on Zoom
- Noon and 5:30 p.m. - Recording of noon meeting
- 5:30 p.m. - Zoom Registration
- Presentation slides (PDF, 16 MB)
- Provide your input on Planning Values (open May 4 to May 17, 2021)
Community Meeting #2: Proposed Site Concepts
June 15, 2021
Noon and 5:30 p.m.
Community Meeting #3: Draft Final Vision Plan
August 3, 2021
Noon and 5:30 p.m.
Funding and Resources
This project will be funded through 2018 Bond funding.
For more information or to provide feedback, please contact Darcy Nuffer, project manager, by email or calling (512) 974-9460.