RFA #002 Housing Opportunities for Persons With AIDS (HOPWA) 2021
SOLICITATION NAME: Request for Applications for HOPWA - 2021 - WT
RFA #002 Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA) 2021 - NOW CLOSED
The City of Austin (City) seeks applications in response to this Request for Applications (RFA) from qualified social service providers (Applicants) with demonstrated experience providing services to individuals who are living with HIV and experiencing housing instability or homelessness.
Background & Purpose of Funding
The HOPWA program was established by the AIDS Housing Opportunity Act and remains the only federal housing program solely dedicated to providing rental housing assistance for persons and their families living with HIV/AIDS. HOPWA housing support enables eligible households to establish or maintain stable housing, reduce their risks of homelessness, and improve their access to healthcare and other support. Housing assistance provides the foundation from which these individuals and their families may participate in advances in HIV treatment and related care.
Funding & Timeline
- Department: Austin Public Health
- Services Solicited: Housing services for low-income people living with HIV
- Available Funding: $2,100,000 total
- Applicants may apply for up to a total of $1,300,000 for ongoing 12 months of service
- Anticipated Number of Awarded Agreements: Austin Public Health anticipates awarding up to 4 Agreements.
- Contract Term: The Agreements will have an effective start date of October 1st, 2022, for an initial 12-month period, and 3 12-month extension options. All extension options are conditional upon City Council approval of the Budget.
- Awarded programs may be structured as a reimbursable-based agreement only, as defined below:
- Reimbursable Agreement- An Agreement where an agency is reimbursed for expenses incurred and paid through the provision of adequate supporting documentation that verifies the expenses.
- Application Due Date: Thursday, September 16th, 2021, 12:00pm CST
The City is intentionally leaving program strategies open beyond the criteria listed in this section, allowing Applicants to propose solutions to meet community needs effectively and successfully.
Applicants must propose to provide at least one or a combination of the following program services (please see Form E - Scope of Work for service descriptions):
- Tenant-Based Rental Assistance
- Project-Based Rental Assistance
- Supportive Services
- Master Leasing
- Permanent Housing Placement
- Short-Term Rental, Mortgage, and Utility Assistance
- Facility-Based Housing
- Hotel/Motel Assistance
- Short-Term Supported Housing
- Housing Information Services
- Resource Identification
Solicitation Questions & Answers: Questions must be submitted via email to the Authorized Contact Person by 5:00pm CST on Monday, September 13, 2021
- Authorized Contact Person:
- William Thomas
- Grant Coordinator
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions & Answers: HOPWA RFA Questions 9.14.21.pdf
- Online via Zoom
- Monday, August 16, 2021, 2:30-3:30pm CST
- Registration: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/166677128779
- Pre-Bid Conference Call Presentation: HOPWA RFA Pre-Bid Conference Call Presentation
- Pre-Bid Conference Call Video Recording (copy and paste link): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w47OvFJYuG8
- Pre-Bid Conference Call Attendance List: HOPWA RFA Pre-Bid Conference Attendance List
Interested Applicants Must:
1. Confirm that your organization is a registered vendor with the City of Austin:
- To find the City of Austin Vendor Number please visit Austin Finance Online Vendor Search and search for the organization's legal name. To register to become a potential City of Austin vendor, go to Austin Finance Online Basic User Information.
2. Be a registered user in the PartnerGrants system, go to the PartnerGrants website and click on "Register Here."
- Note that the organization's City of Austin Vendor Number is required to complete registration in PartnerGrants.
If you would like to receive notification of future APH funding opportunities, send your contact information to Natasha Ponczek Shoemake at APHCompetitions@AustinTexas.gov.
|B||Standard Purchase & Social Services Definitions||08/12/2021|
|C||RFA Standard Solicitation Instructions||08/12/2021|
|D||Supplemental Purchase Provisions||08/12/2021|
|E||RFA Scope of Work||08/12/2021|
|G||RFA Application Threshold Checklist||08/12/2021|
|H||Updated - Program Budget Justification||Excel||08/12/2021|
|I||APH Standard HOPWA Agreement||08/12/2021|
|J||COA Certifications and Disclosures -signature required||08/12/2021|
|K||Applying for APH Funded Opportunity-PartnerGrants Instructions||08/12/2021|
|L||HOPWA Program Guidelines||08/12/2021|