- Tree limbs
Small branches and leaves can also be composted in your green cart. Branches that don't fit in the cart (no longer than five feet and no thicker than three inches in diameter) should be stacked into manageable bundles no heavier than 30 pounds, next to your cart.
Not accepted material
Certain materials cannot be composted and therefore are not accepted in this drop-off program. These include:
- Treated or painted lumber
- Particle board
- Construction materials
Austin Water’s Hornsby Bend Biosolids Management Plant will be accepting material from Austin and Travis County residents only, free of charge. Individuals residing outside of Austin and Travis County should consult their municipality for options.
- A government-issued photo ID is required for entry.
- The drop off will be self serve.
- Staff will be available on-site to direct traffic and verify all material is free of trash and contamination.
- The grounds are muddy and could be slippery. Proper footwear is recommended.