Austin Resource Recovery customers receive twice-per-year curbside collection of large brush. Download the Austin Recycles app or use the My Schedule tool to get a personalized collection calendar for all residential curbside services, including brush pickup.
- Brush should be between 5 and 15 feet in length.
- Tree trunks more than 8 inches in diameter should be 3-feet-long or less.
- Place large brush at the curb in front of your house by 5:30 a.m. on the first day of your scheduled collection week. (The set-out time has been shifted to an hour earlier to minimize workers' exposure to the extreme summer heat.)
- Cut ends should face the street.
- Stack loosely along the curb in one row, not more than 15 feet across and no higher than 4 feet.
- Do not block the sidewalk.
- Do not extend into the street.
- To prevent damage to your property, keep items 5 feet away from your trash cart, mailbox, fences or walls, water meter, telephone connection box and parked cars. Do not place any items under low-hanging tree limbs or power lines.
- Austin Resource Recovery only collects large brush from its residential trash and recycling customers and from homes in some recently annexed areas.
- Items will not be collected if they are in an alley in any area including Hyde Park, or if they are in front of a business or a vacant lot.
Austin and Travis County residents can drop off brush at the Hornsby Bend Biosolids Management Plant.