The Integrated Water Resource Planning Community Task Force was created to participate in the development of the Integrated Water Resource Plan (IWRP). The IWRP is envisioned to assist in identifying and facilitating opportunities for regional partnerships, technology cost sharing, balanced regional water reliability, and improved drought preparedness. See Resolution No. 20141211-119
The Integrated Water Plan was a foremost recommendation of the 2014 Austin Water Resource Planning Task Force, which was created to evaluate the City's water needs, to examine and make recommendations regarding future water planning, and to evaluate potential water resource management scenarios for Council consideration. See Resolution No. 20140410-033.
The current Water Forward Plan was approved by the Austin City Council in November 2018 and is now in the implementation stage. The next plan update is anticipated to be completed in 2024. To learn more about Water Forward, Austin’s 100-year integrated water resource plan, please visit austintexas.gov/department/water-forward.
- Bill Moriarty - appointed by Mayor Adler
- Joshua Rolfe - appointed by CM Fuentes
- Hani Michel - appointed by CM Harper-Madison
- Perry Lorenz - appointed by CM Renteria
- Vacant - appointed by CM Vela
- Sarah Faust - appointed by CM Kitchen
- Todd Bartee - representing District 6 (CM Kelly)
- Robert Mace- appointed by CM Pool
- Vanessa Puig-Williams - appointed by Paige Ellis
- Jennifer Walker - appointed by CM Tovo
- Vacant - representing District 10 (CM Alter)
For more information and reminders, sign up for our eNewsletter.
- 3:00 p.m.
- Austin Energy Headquarters, 4815 Mueller Blvd.
2022 Meeting Schedule:
- January 11, 2022 - Cancelled
- February 11, 2022 - Special Called
- March 1, 2022
- May 3, 2022
- July 12, 2022
- September 6, 2022 - Cancelled
- September 20, 2022 - Special Called
- September 26, 2022 - Special Called
- November 1, 2022
- Jaynell Nicholson, Austin Water, 512-972-0112