The Commission on Aging shall serve as an advisory board to the council concerning the quality of life for senior citizens in the Austin area and to help ensure older adults are productive, independent, and healthy.
The commission shall advise the council on issues related to the senior population in the Austin area; evaluate and recommend programs, policies, and practices that create a positive impact and reduce the burden on seniors; determine the needs of seniors in the Austin community, and advise council regarding these needs; and promote the contributions of seniors to the cultural, economic, and historical value of Austin.
See Section 2-1-132 City Code for additional duties.
- Typically second Wednesday of the month
- 12 p.m.
- Austin City Hall, Boards & Commissions - Room 1101
2022 Meeting Schedule:
- January 12, 2022 - Cancelled
- February 9, 2022
- March 9, 2022
- April 13, 2022
- May 11, 2022
- June 8, 2022 - Cancelled
- June 10, 2022 - Special Called
- July 13, 2022
- August 10, 2022
- September 14, 2022
- October 12, 2022
- November 9, 2022
- December 14, 2022
- Halana Kaleel, Austin Public Health, 512-972-5019
- Kodjo Dodo, Austin Public Health, 512-972-5823
- Laura LaFuente, Austin Public Health, 512-972-5077