The Commission on Seniors shall serve as an advisory board to the council concerning the quality of life for senior citizens in the Austin area and to help ensure older adults are productive, independent, and healthy.
The commission shall advise the council on issues related to the senior population in the Austin area; evaluate and recommend programs, policies, and practices that create a positive impact and reduce the burden on seniors; determine the needs of seniors in the Austin community, and advise council regarding these needs; and promote the contributions of seniors to the cultural, economic, and historical value of Austin.
See Section 2-1-132 City Code for additional duties.
- Typically second Wednesday of the month
- 12 p.m.
- Boards & Commissions Room (unless listed otherwise on the agenda)
2020 Meeting Schedule:
- January 7, 2020 - Special Called
- January 8, 2020
- February 4, 2020 - Special Called
- February 12, 2020
- March 11, 2020
- April 8, 2020 - Cancelled
- April 29, 2020 - Special Called
- May 13, 2020 - Cancelled
- June 10, 2020
- July 8, 2020
- August 12, 2020
- September 9, 2020
- October 14, 2020
- November 18, 2020
- December 9, 2020
- Tabitha Taylor, Austin Public Health, 512-972-5023
- Halana Kaleel, Austin Public Health, 512-972-5019
- Adrienne Sturrup, Ausitn Public Health, 512-972-5167