Our shelter has more than 500 available cats and dogs every day, so we’re sure to have the right pet for your family. At Austin Animal Center, you can find all breeds, ages, and personality types.
We’ve Changed our Adoption Process! Here’s How to Adopt:
- Browse available pets below or come to the shelter in person. AAC is open for adoption walk-ins every day from 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. You can also create a profile online to save your favorite pets! A shelter pet’s availability can change at any time, so we recommend choosing a few favorites.
- Find a pet you want to meet? In a pet’s profile, click the pink “Adopt Me” button. This will prompt you to complete an adoption questionnaire. This questionnaire does not hold the animal for you.
- Once complete, you’ll receive an email with additional information. Check your spam/junk mail!
- For foster animals, review the email for next steps.
- For animals onsite at our shelter, come to the shelter with your driver’s license or government-issued photo ID.
** No email? Call 311 for assistance!
Browse Available Pets Below or at This Link