District 6 - Get Involved
District 6 NW Field Office
District 6 is the only Austin City Council District with an in-district field office. The D6 Field Office is located in The Crossing Shopping Center, next door to Shipley’s Donuts at:
Subscribe to our mailing list
Attend or Tune in to a Council Meeting
Austin City Council meetings are held every other week on Thursdays (except for summer and holiday season months). Check the schedule of upcoming council meetings to stay up-to-date with the latest council agendas.
Citizens may attend an Austin City Council meeting simply to listen. There are opportunities at each council meeting for Citizen Participation.
- Citizens may sign up to speak on specific items that are on the agenda.
- Time is set aside 12noon at each meeting for Citizen Communication, where up to 10 people may speak on the topic of their choosing.
Local media outlets broadcast Austin City Council Meetings live on a variety of platforms:
- Online at ATXN Live
- On TV at:
- AT&T U-Verse – Channel 99
- Google – Channel 6
- Grande Communications – Channel 6
- Spectrum Cable – Channel 6
- On FM radio (audio signal only) at: KAZI-88.7FM and KAZI.org
The City's boards and commissions dive deep into issues that are important to your elected officials. If you're interested in serving you can:
- Visit the Boards and Commissions page to browse the various opportunities.
- Sign in to apply for Boards and Commissions opportunities.
Volunteering is a great way to give back to your community. The City lists general volunteer opportunities on its Volunteer webpage.
You also can find specific volunteer opportunities on the City's GivePulse portal, our official volunteer signup web portal. Peruse upcoming opportunities below, or visit the full GivePulse portal to create an account, learn about specific volunteer needs and get notices of upcoming opportunities.