Welcome to The Austin Police Department's online incident reporting system for non-emergency incidents which have occurred within the City of Austin, TX.
For incidents that occurred in unincorporated Travis County, please call their non-emergency number (512-854-9770) or go online at: Travis County Sheriff Online Report. For incidents that occurred at the University of Texas, please call (512-471-4441) or go online at: The University of Texas at Austin (utexas.edu).
To submit a tip, call 512-472-8477 or 800-893-8477 or go online to Capital Area Crime Stoppers (austincrimestoppers.org).
The Austin Police Department limits self-reporting to non-emergency incidents. To file a report online the following guidelines must be met:
- No immediate danger to people or property exists (if yes, call 911 immediately)
- The suspect is no longer on-scene
- You must be 17 years old or older (if not, please call 311 or 512-974-2000)
- You must have a valid email address (if not, please call 311 or 512-974-2000)
Online reports are accepted for the following incidents:
- Assault (minor or no injury, excluding domestic violence)
- Threats (excluding domestic violence)
- Burglary that does not involve fire/arson
- Theft, (excluding prescriptions, firearms, explosives, vehicle license plates, and motor vehicles of any kind)
- Lost or missing property (excluding narcotic prescription medication, vehicle license plates, and firearms)
- Damaged property or Graffiti
- Counterfeiting or Forgery
- Identity theft
- Illegal use of a credit or debit card
- Minor, non-criminal child custody issues for documentation only
- Trespassing (suspect no longer on scene)
- Shoplifting reports
All information you provide goes directly from your computer or device to the Austin Police Department and may be subjected to public records release.
* If you believe you were a victim of a hate crime, you have the ability to enter a non-emergency report here. During the sequence of questions, you will be asked if you believe you were a victim of a hate crime and why you feel you were.
To continue with your report, click on SUBMIT A REPORT, and as soon as that page opens, go to the top right of your screen and click on the arrow next to the word ENGLISH for the list of languages and select the language you need and immediately the page will be translated into that language.
For an optimal reporting experience, please fill out the report in the language of your choosing and provide answers in the same language. This will help streamline the reporting process and ensure accuracy with the Case Service reporting system.