The Digital Empowerment Community of Austin (DECA) is a network of non-profits, educational institutions and other stakeholders working together to improve our community's ability to participate in digital society, making a more digitally inclusive Austin.
What is Digital Inclusion?
Digital inclusion is the ability of individuals and groups to equally access and use information and communication technologies affordably, efficiently and reliably along with digital training, resources and skills needed to fully participate in a digital society.
How We Started
DECA was officially convened on Thursday, Oct. 29th, 2015 when more than 80 community stakeholders convened in the Asian American Resource Center to collaborate and brainstorm on challenges and opportunities in connecting our community. This meeting commenced phase I of the co-creation strategy that developed a list of short, medium, and long-term initiatives that could have the highest impact on digital inclusion.
Where We Are Today
Throughout its evolution, DECA has fostered a sense of community ownership and leadership with the effort of bringing awareness to digital inequities in Austin and opportunities that support digital inclusion.
- Learn more at the DECA website - http://digitalatx.com
- To join our Google Group go to - Digital-Equity-ATX@googlegroups.com
- Subscribe to our Digital Inclusion Newsletter– www.eepurl.com/UUKMv
- Attend our biweekly DECA Meetings on Wednesdays at 2 p.m. – there's more information in the monthly newsletter
- Attend community events that promote digital inclusion