The Fiscal Surety Office accepts, monitors, and releases fiscal surety payments for improvements to environmental, health, safety controls, and public infrastructure. The amount of fiscal surety posted shall equal the estimated cost for the City to do the work for which the fiscal was required.
- How to Post Fiscal for Site Plan or Subdivision
Posting Fiscal for a Site Plan
An approved fiscal estimate is required before posting of fiscal. The fiscal surety office does not accept online payments or credit card payments. Methods of payment include EFT, letter of credit, and bond. Please email the Fiscal Surety office for payment options and instructions when posting fiscal.
Posting Fiscal for a Subdivision
When posting fiscal for a subdivision, please e-mail the information and documents below to the Fiscal Surety office:
- A completed Subdivision Construction Agreement (SCA) with the property owner's name (from the deed), address, and notarized signature. To obtain this form and instructions, Please email the Fiscal Surety office.
- City File Number
- The approved fiscal estimate.
- A title search (lien search) dated within 30 days of SCA. If there are liens on the property, a lienholders consent form must be completed.
- Metes and bounds of the property.
- Forms of Fiscal Accepted
Payment by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT).
- View the routing instructions for a wire transfer.
- If posting by EFT, please notify the Fiscal Surety Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Letter of Credit from an acceptable bank (not foreign)
- Download the template for an Irrevocable Standby Letter of Credit (PDF)
Performance Bond from a bonding company
- View the List of Certified Companies (treasury.gov)
- Site Plan: download the template for a Surety Bond for Performance of Improvements (PDF)
- Subdivision: download the template for a Surety Bond for Performance of Subdivision Improvements (PDF)
If a property is sold, it is the seller’s responsibility to negotiate the fiscal replacement with the buyer. The buyer can replace the seller’s fiscal in any of the above acceptable forms of payment. Once the acceptable replacement is received, the original fiscal will be released.
- How is Fiscal Released?
The City inspector has the authority to release fiscal. The Fiscal Office cannot release fiscal without approval from the appropriate inspector or City staff.
- Forms and Applications
For the complete list of forms and applications for Fiscal Surety, please visit the Forms and Applications webpage.
- Contact and Appointments
Customers can mail original letters of credit, bonds, checks, and other legal documents to either of the following addresses:
USPS Mail to: Overnight Delivery to: City of Austin - PDC
Fiscal Surety/Staff Name
PO Box 1088
Austin, TX 78767
City of Austin - PDC
Fiscal Surety/Staff Name
6310 Wilhelmina Delco Dr
Austin, TX 78752
Fiscal Surety appointments are available to guide you through posting fiscal to pay for site plans and subdivision improvements.
Expected Appointment Duration: 30 minutes