Want to start a community garden? Curious about composting at home? Dream of opening your own food truck? Need a little help stretching your food budget further? Here are some helpful resources to get you started.
Resources for Home:
Other Helpful Resources:
Starting a garden at school?
- Apply for a Bright Green Future Grant for your school garden
- Check out the Central Texas School Garden Network
- Explore free resources from EdEN Lab at the University of Texas
Starting a garden at home or a community garden?
- Call before you dig: check for utility lines on your property
- Use this Top Soil Cover Quantity and Cost Calculator
- Learn about Integrated Pest Management
- Follow these Gardening Health & Safety Tips
Interested in farming?
Farmshare’s Farmer Starter Program is designed to provide aspiring farmers with the skills and training needed to manage a sustainable farming business
For existing food businesses:
- Consider joining the City's Sustainable Catering Database, used by City staff to identify sustainable food vendors
Explore City of Austin rebates:
- See if you qualify for a City of Austin home composting system rebate