Grants and funding for creatives and creative businesses to survive and thrive. Contact Kim McCarson for details:
- Live Music Fund – Provides an ongoing budget for cultural funding programs for Austin's music industry.
- Creative Space Assistance Program – Cash grants to qualifying creative organizations facing temporary or permanent displacement.
- Creative Industry Funding & Support – Resources and grants for musicians and artists.
Professional development and compensation opportunities for local musicians to increase earnings and build careers. Contact Greg Gonzalez for details:
- City of Austin Performance Opportunities – Regular performance opportunities for Austin musicians and bands through City departments.
- Faces of Austin – Short film showcases by local filmmakers about diverse faces, voices, and experiences of Austin.
- Music Commission Meetings – Music Commissioners host musicians and bands from their Council districts with video performances and discussions.
- Music Proclamation Days – Live performances during Austin City Council meetings.
- Music on Hold – Listen to a well-curated and licensed playlist of Austin music when calling the City telephone system and placed on hold.
- Street Performance Program – Live and unamplified music performances by Austin musicians during the fall and spring months.
Local, national and international partnerships. Contact Erica Shamaly for details:
- Austin-Toronto Music City Alliance – Partnership with Austin City Council, City of Toronto Music Sector, Economic Development & Culture Division, and private industry leaders in both cities.
- Texas Music Office
- Love Austin Music Month – Annual celebration of Austin music in February through a partnership with KUTX and the Austin Music Foundation.
- SXSWCommunity Showcases – Paid opportunities for Austin's musicians and bands in official free community showcases during the annual event.
Assistance for creatives and creative businesses in City operating, permitting, and code requirements. Contact Kim McCarson for details:
- Permits for Music, Film, Creative Spaces & Events – Informs and connects music, special event, and film communities to other City departments and agencies for permits.
- Community Engagement
- Musicians and Live Music & Entertainment Venues – Gathers stakeholders around new and updated policies and rules to collect and share community feedback.
- Live Music Fund – Gathered music stakeholders to inform Music Commission recommendations for guidelines and implementation.
- Entertainment & Amplified Sound Compatibility – Identified compatibility recommendations for live music & entertainment venues and residents.
- $12M Bond for Creative Space – 2018 City of Austin bond proposition for acquisition and improvement of local creative spaces.