Hello folks! Though the museum is currently closed, please find these interesting digital resources to enjoy online!
- September 2020 is Portraiture Month at the Elisabet Ney Museum!
- Drawing Salons with Atelier Dojo; Saturday September 12, 10AM to Noon - Atelier Dojo’s artists are in the house! Learn from the pros in a Zoom-based Drawing Salon series with Austin’s premier realist artists’ coop. This will be the first of four events in which a different artist will demonstrate their specialty using one of Ney’s own sculptures as a model! Free online attendance! Please click here to register for this event
- SUFFRAGE NOW: Portraiture Discussion; Thursday, September 17, 7 to 8 pm - In this Zoom-based moderated talk, photographers from the exhibition SUFFRAGE NOW will discuss storytelling, technique and philosophies of photography, within the context of the concept “Suffrage Now”. Free online attendance! Please click here to register for this event
- Austin Museum Day: Sunday, September 20, 2 to 4 pm - The Ney will feature a fun hands-on portraiture-based project taught by our museum educators via Zoom for families and artists of all ages! Free online attendance! Please click here to register for this event
- Portraiture in the Park: Who Are You Anyways? Saturday, September 26, 1 to 5 pm - Tune in for an online version of this annual family favorite! Each hour-long Zoom-based program will spotlight a very different technique in which family members of all ages will create portraits way outside the box! Free online attendance! Please click here to register for this event
- About our past contemporary art Special Exhibition “Barbara Attwell: Rewylding”
- For a video tour of the current Special Exhibition “Barbara Attwell: Rewylding”, please click here: Video Tour
- To read more about the Elisabet Ney Museum’s current Special Exhibition “Barbara Attwell: Rewylding”, please click here: Exhibit Information
- For an activity video about making toilet paper roll animals at home, taught by Barbara Attwell and shared courtesy of the Westbank Public Library, please click here: Toilet Paper Roll Animals
- Main Collection Tour/Recorrido principal de la colección
For a tour of the Elisabet Ney Museum’s main collection, given by Museum Site Coordinator Oliver Franklin, please click here: Main Collection Video Tour
- For a tour of the museum’s second floor and the tower, provided by museum guide Amy Andrews, please click here: Museum Second Floor Video Tour
- For a text-based tour of Elisabet Ney’s work in English, please click here: Ney Collection (pdf)
- Para un recorrido por texto de las esculturas de Elisabet Ney en español, haga clic aquí: Ney Collection(pdf)
- Spring Landscape Tour
For a video tour of the Museum’s Native Prairie Historic Landscape restoration, given by Mino Giunta, the Museum’s landscape specialist, please click here: Landscape Restoration
- Plein Aire Painting Demonstration
To celebrate wildflower season, for a video demonstration of Plein Aire painting created by Baron Wilson of Austin Plein Aire Society using the Elisabet Ney Museum as a model, please click here: Plein Aire Painting Demonstration
- Fun Activity Demonstration Videos!
- To learn how to make your own book, taught by museum educator Sarah Porter, please click here: Make your own Book
- To learn how to make a digital Canva presentation poster about Elisabet Ney, taught by museum educator Renee Robinson, please click here: Elisabet Ney Canva Presentation Poster
- More videos are coming so check back soon!
- Who is Elisabet Ney?
For a biography of Elisabet Ney, please click here: Elisabet Ney Biography
- Women in Texas History
For great lessons/activities and curriculum about Women in Texas History, especially pertinent in this, the Centennial of Women’s Suffrage, please click here: Women in Texas History (pdf)
- Clay Activities
For a guide to activities using clay, click here: The Importance of Clay (pdf)
- Museum Education
For more curriculum and museum education opportunities, visit this page: Museum Education