Free, High-Quality Paint
Residents looking to save money when refurbishing their homes now have a free resource: Austin Resource Recovery's Austin ReBlend paint!
Austin ReBlend is available in 3.5 gallon containers and is also featured in two other colors:
- Texas Limestone (beige)
- Balcones Canyonland (dark beige)
- Barton Creek Greenbelt (dark green)
Pick up Austin ReBlend at the City of Austin Recycle & Reuse Drop-off Center. Austin ReBlend paint is free for individuals, nonprofits and businesses but an appointment is needed.
Making Austin ReBlend
Paint dropped off by customers is inspected before it is chosen to be used in Austin ReBlend. It is then consolidated, blended, filtered and packed by trained personnel to ensure a quality product.
Austin ReBlend is a sustainable choice
- Helps keep paint out of landfills
- Conserves water used to make new paint
- Prevents pollution from the mining and extraction of raw materials
- Moves Austin further toward its Zero Waste goal
Paint storage tips
- Securely seal the lid and store in a dry location; small amounts of paint can be stored in any airtight container
- Label paint so you can color match if needed
How to dispose of unused paint
Do not put liquid paint in the trash, down the drain or on the ground. This can be harmful to the environment. Learn more about how to properly dispose of paint.
Purchase only what you need
Up to 70 percent of what the Recycle & Reuse Drop-off Center receives each year is unused paint. Buying the right amount of paint saves you money, eliminates the need for storage and saves resources. Download the paint quantity chart to determine how many gallons of paint you need for your painting project.