File a police report to report offenses and non-emergency crimes – crimes that are no longer in progress and present no immediate threat to anyone.

Should I call 9-1-1?

If you or someone else is in danger or a crime is happening now, call 9-1-1.

Call 9-1-1 if:

  • There is immediate danger to people or property 
  • A crime is happening right now 
  • The suspect is still on the scene 

File a report


  • To file a report online, you must be over 17 years old and have a valid email address.
  • If you need a language other than English, click ENGLISH in the top right corner of the online reporting page. Select your preferred language from the list of languages. Please write your report in your preferred language. 
  • Only certain offenses can be reported online. Carefully read the information in the online reporting system to make sure you can file a report online. 
You can file a report online for:
  • Assault (minor or no injury, excluding domestic violence)
  • Assault with Injury
  • Assault by Contact
  • Threats (excluding domestic violence)
  • Burglary that does not involve fire/arson
  • Theft (excluding prescriptions, firearms, explosives, vehicle license plates, and motor vehicles of any kind)
  • Lost or missing property (excluding narcotic prescription medication, vehicle license plates, and firearms)
  • Damaged property or Graffiti
  • Fraud
  • Harassment
  • Counterfeiting or Forgery
  • Identity theft
  • Illegal use of a credit or debit card
  • Minor, non-criminal child custody issues for documentation only
  • Trespassing (suspect no longer on scene)
  • Shoplifting reports 
  • Hit & Run
  • Indecent Exposure
  • Wrecker Ordinance Violation
  • Bicycle Registration

By phone

  • Call Austin 3-1-1 or 512-974-2000 
  • Interpreters are available for languages other than English. 
  • You can only report by phone if you are under 17 years old, do not have a valid email address, or the offense cannot be reported online. Otherwise, you must file a report online. 

Need Help?

Call Austin 3-1-1 or 512-974-2000.