Since 1960, the Austin Nature & Science Center has provided hands-on nature exhibits, education programs, and recreation activities for countless visitors, teachers, and children of all ages that increase awareness and appreciation of the natural environment. Located on the western edge of Zilker Park, ANSC is dedicated to the exploration of the natural world.
The Austin Nature & Science Center offers many programs for preschoolers, kids, families, and adults with topics ranging from butterflies to caving and much more.
Monday - Saturday 9:00a.m. - 5:00p.m.
Sunday 12:00p.m. - 5:00p.m.
Please keep these tips in mind for your visit:
- Masks are currently not required on the property
- Parking is available underneath the Mopac Bridge
- The entrance is located on Stratford Drive
- Pets are not allowed on site
- If you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trade Counter is staffed and open for trades Wednesday-Friday 10:00 am-1:00 pm and Saturdays 10:00 am-4:00 pm
* Trade Counter will be closed to the public on Fridays from 10:00am-11:45am for camp trading through August 11.
New Volunteer Program Now Open!
Looking for a fun, rewarding, nature-based volunteer experience? See our new Volunteer Opportunities and apply for a position in the Trade Counter or Landscaping and Horticulture!