Advise the city council on issues relating to the quality of life for the City's African American community and shall recommend programs designed to alleviate any inequities that may confront African Americans in social, economic and vocational pursuits, including; health care; housing, including affordable housing, home ownership and homelessness; entertainment opportunities for professionals and students; employment; and cultural venues, including museums, theaters, art galleries and music venues. See Section 2-1-101 of the City Code for additional duties.
- First Tuesday of the month at 5:30 PM unless designated otherwise.
- City of Austin Permitting and Development Center
6310 Wilhelmina Delco Drive, Austin, Texas 78752
2022 Meeting Schedule:
- January 4, 2022 - Cancelled
- February 1, 2022
- March 1, 2022
- March 22, 2022 - Special Called - Cancelled
- March 29, 2022 - Special Called
- April 5, 2022
- April 19, 2022 - Special Called
- May 3, 2022
- June 7, 2022
- July 12, 2022
- August 2, 2022
- September 6, 2022
- October 4, 2022
- November 1, 2022
- December 6, 2022
- Linda Hayes, Economic Development Department, 512-974-6282
- Sylnovia Holt-Rabb, Economic Development Department, 512-974-3131
African American Portrait Project
The Annual African American Portraits Project celebrates contributions of civic leaders who have made a difference in Austin’s African American community. The African American Resource Advisory Commission set guidelines for selection of honorees whose portraits border the mosaic “Reflections” mural at the African American Cultural and Heritage Facility.
Quality of Life
Learn about Austin’s African American Quality of Life Initiative.