Today, Austin 3-1-1 provides the residents of Austin with a simple single point of contact for every city department. Austin 3-1-1 receives over 1 million calls a year, producing over 200,000 service requests for departments within the City of Austin.
What started as police non-emergency line for the City of Austin has become a robust Citywide Information Center where ambassadors are available to answer residents’ concerns 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year.
Our goal is to make everyday life easier for all residents of Austin.
As ambassadors for the City of Austin, we provide uncomplicated access to city services and information, while leveraging available data to identify improvements for all city departments.
- Communication - We commit ourselves to communicating internally and externally with integrity and honesty
- Accountability - We will embrace a culture of accountability, holding all ambassadors to the highest standard of service
- Reliability - We will provide reliable, consistent customer service to all residents and city departments
- Empowerment - All our employees will be given trust, autonomy and responsibility to provide the best service possible
- Service - Austin 3-1-1 will be the leader in quality public service, with all employees acting as Ambassadors for the City of Austin