Since 1960, the Austin Nature & Science Center has provided hands-on nature exhibits, education programs, and recreation activities for countless visitors, teachers, and children of all ages that increase awareness and appreciation of the natural environment. Located on the western edge of Zilker Park, ANSC is dedicated to the exploration of the natural world.
The Austin Nature & Science Center offers many programs for preschoolers, kids, families, and adults with topics ranging from butterflies to caving and much more.
Monday - Saturday 9:00a.m. - 5:00p.m.
Sunday 12:00p.m. - 5:00p.m.
Please keep these tips in mind for your visit:
- Masks are currently not required on the property
- Parking is available underneath the Mopac Bridge
- The entrance is located on Stratford Drive
- Pets are not allowed on site
- If you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trade Counter is staffed and open for trades Wednesday-Friday 10:00 am-1:00 pm and Saturdays 10:00 am-4:00 pm
Kite Festival Road Closure Notice!
Kite Festival is happening in Zilker Park on Saturday April 1st. Please see Kite Festival Information for details about road closures and accessing the park before you leave home, including for Austin Nature & Science Center and Beverly S. Sheffield Education Center access.