Since 1960, the Austin Nature & Science Center has provided hands-on nature exhibits, education programs, and recreation activities for countless visitors, teachers, and children of all ages that increase awareness and appreciation of the natural environment. Located on the western edge of Zilker Park, ANSC is dedicated to the exploration of the natural world.
The Austin Nature & Science Center offers many programs for preschoolers, kids, families, and adults with topics ranging from butterflies to caving and much more.
Normal business hours are Monday - Saturday 9:00a.m. - 5:00p.m.; Sunday 12:00p.m. - 5:00p.m.
Please keep these tips in mind for your visit:
- Masks are required for each visitor over the age of 2 (unless expressly exempted in Section 2 of Mayor Adler's Order or by a City policy applicable to the premises or facility).
- Parking is available underneath the Mopac Bridge
- The entrance is located on Stratford Drive
- Pets are not allowed on site
- If you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org