No Banner - DesktopNo Banner - Mobile

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I apply for an exemption to the Transportation User Fee?

Residential customers may be eligible for an exemption if the person who is responsible for paying the utility bill meets one of the following criteria:

  • Age 65 or older; or
  • Does not own or regularly use a private motor vehicle
  • Property is vacant (determined automatically each month based on electric and water usage)

If you believe you are eligible for this exemption, click here to fill out the form online or download and complete the forms below and then email the form to

Click here to download the fee exemption application.

Commercial customers may be eligible for an exemption while the property is vacant. Commercial properties must notify the City when the property is no longer vacant, or evey 6 months, whichever occurs first. The Transportation User Fee will begin billing the commercial property after 6 months if a new form is not received.

Fill out the form online (Preferred), or download and complete the form below and email to TUFVacancy@AustinTexas.Gov

Download the Vacant Commercial Property Exemption form

For additional exemption information, please call (512) 974-7696 or Austin Energy Customer Care at 512-494-9400.

Street and Bridge Operations

How can I get speed bumps or other “traffic calming” measures installed on my street?

These requests are handled within the Austin Transportation Department. Please call 3-1-1 or visit the Local Area Traffic Management (LATM) webpage for more information.

What types of services does the Street and Bridge Operations Division provide?
Where can I find information on Protected Streets in the City of Austin?
Where can I find information on which streets are scheduled for preventative maintenance?

Access the interactive 2022 Service Plan Map to see if your street is scheduled for preventative maintenance. To use, simply enter your address into the search field in the upper left of the map. You can zoom in and out and move the map around to see what maintenance is happening near you and all around Austin. Please call 3-1-1 to find out when a particular street is due for preventative maintenance. To hear which streets are scheduled for the following day, please call the Street Resurfacing Hotline at 512-974-9788.



Where can I report a pothole or other street maintenance issue?

Just call 3-1-1 (512-974-2000 outside of Austin) or visit 311's customer service page to make your request. You can also report issues through the 311 app available on Google Play Store or iTunes Store. Users with Blackberry, Palm, Nokia and Windows Mobile devices can access it at