Austin Municipal Court is now able to provide virtual court hearings.
1. You must have an electronic device that is compatible with Zoom.
This webpage will guide you through how to prepare and what to expect at your online hearing.
Things you can do in a virtual hearing:
- Request extensions, payment plans, community service, jail credit or other relief due to hardships. Get help with financial forms.
- Provide proof of compliance such as insurance coverage, driver’s license, registration and completion of court ordered classes.
- Request a trial by a judge or jury when the court reopens.
- Discuss plea bargains and deferrals with a prosecutor.
Hearings for parking tickets are different than appearance dockets.