To implement elements of the Imagine Austin Comprehensive Plan, the 2014 Austin Bicycle Plan's goals are to significantly increase bicycle use and improve safety for people riding bicycles throughout Austin. To achieve these goals, an All Ages and Abilities Network is being built out to provide additional transportation options for Austin residents and visitors. Austin City Council adopted the plan on Nov. 6, 2014.
Read the 2014 Austin Bicycle Plan
- Read the entire plan
- Read the plan by chapter
Previous action by boards and commissions
- March 10, 2014, reviewed by the Comprehensive Planning Committee of the Planning Commission.
- April 7, 2014, recommended by the Pedestrian Advisory Council.
- April 8, 2014, recommended by the Urban Transportation Commission on a 4/0/0/3 vote with Commissioners Blocker, Lanier, and Gilbert absent.
- April 16, 2014, recommended by the Environmental Board on a 7/0/0/0 vote.
- May 19, 2014, recommended by the Land, Facilities, and Programs Committee (Parks and Recreation Board) on a 2/0 vote.
- May 27, 2014, recommended by the Parks and Recreation Board on a 6/0/0/1 vote with Commissioner Almanza absent.
- June 17, 2014, recommended by the Codes and Ordinances Subcommittee (Planning Commission) on a 4/0 vote.
- June 24, 2014, not recommended by the Planning Commission on a 4/1/0/4 vote with Commissioner Roark against; Oliver, Stephens and Nortey absent; and one vacancy.
- October 14, 2014 recommended by the Planning Commission on a 7/0 with Commissioners Stevens and Roark absent.