- Want a Free Tree?
City of Austin residents and Austin Energy customers are eligible for free trees from NeighborWoods. NeighborWoods is a free tree program that is a partnership between the City of Austin and local non-profit TreeFolks.
- Want Free Mulch?
Help your tree thrive by properly mulching it. The Austin Resource Recovery Recycle & Reuse Drop-off Center provides free mulch for everyone. Please note that you must load the mulch yourself.
- Planting a Tree?
Choose a native and adapted tree species by using Grow Green’s searchable online plant tool.
Dial before you dig. Call 8-1-1 to have your underground utilities marked. This is a free service and can take up to one week.
Check out these tree planting resources for Austin:
- 11 Steps to Plant a Tree – Nature in the City Blog
- Mulch is Key to a Healthy Tree – Nature in the City Blog
- Visit Austin's Tree Information Center for all things tree.
- Watch these Grow Green videos on tree planting and mulching.
- Live Outside the City of Austin and Want a Tree?
- Check with your local municipality to see if they offer free tree programs.
- Visit the Arbor Day Foundation website to learn how you can get very low cost saplings or trees delivered to your door.
- The Texas Forest Service West Texas Nursery offers saplings at a very low cost.
- Tree Removed by Austin Energy?
If utility work required a tree to be removed, customers should consult their work plan (provided by Austin Energy) and contact the Austin Energy representative listed on the work plan to receive a replacement tree. If you are a customer who does not have a work plan, email the Austin Energy Forestry Division or call 512-322-6771 for more information.
Learn more at Austin Energy's Tree Trimming webpage.
- Urban Forest Grant Idea?
Do you have an idea to benefit Austin's urban forest? We encourage you to apply for an Urban Forest Grant, which can help fund your tree-related ideas.
Join us on social @NatureCityATX, where we're cultivating connections!