Do you suspect a tree violation near you? Violations may include the unpermitted removal or impact to a regulated tree.
- Who Can Help Me?
Stewarding our community’s tree resources is a team effort, and many departments across the City regulate and provide services related to trees. If you think you’ve seen a tree violation, visit our Who Can Help Me? page to find out which City department handles that issue.
- Look for a Permit
Use the Public Search tool in the Austin Build + Connect (AB+C) Portal to see if a permit has been issued for the work you’re seeing.
- Under Search by Property, enter the street address where the work is taking place.
- For Permit/Case Type, select Tree Permit from the dropdown menu. Click Submit.
- In the search results, you will be able to click on the Permit/Case Number to view details of the permit.
If no permits are listed in the public database, you may have witnessed a violation of City tree regulations. Help protect our community’s trees by reporting suspected violations to Austin 3-1-1.
- Submit a Service Request to Austin 3-1-1
- Use the Request a City Service tool to report a suspected tree violation online. For Service Type, select “DSD - Environmental Complaint” from the dropdown menu.
- Follow the steps in the submission form. Provide as much detail as possible. You will also have the option to attach photos and other relevant files.
- On the final screen, review your information and click Submit.