Over the past two years, we’ve heard from thousands of community members through polls, online surveys, virtual meetings, and out on the street through our Community Ambassador program. This community input has shaped the draft Urban Trails; Bicycle; and Sidewalks, Crossing, and Shared Streets Draft Plans. Review a complete summary of the equity-centered planning process and public outreach efforts.
Austin Transportation and Public Works has revised the three draft plans based on public input. Links to the three revised draft plans can be found here.
The three revised plans will be packaged with a set of amendments to the Austin Strategic Mobility Plan (ASMP) and presented to the Planning Commission on July 11, 2023. Later this year, a public hearing at City Council will be held, and Council will vote on whether to adopt the final plans. An official notice will be posted before the Council hearing date.
Upcoming meetings and presentations
- Austin City Council public hearing: November 30, 2023
Past public outreach
- ATX Walk Bike Roll Survey Summary: 4,411 people gave input on a survey that was open from August 10 – September 26 2021.
- ATX Walk Bike Roll Community Ambassador Phase 1 Report: learn what insights our community ambassadors gained from August – December 2021.
- ATX Walk Bike Roll Public Input Map: An online mapping tool was open from January 18 – March 7, 2022. The map asked residents to pinpoint where they’d like to see improvements to Austin’s walking and biking routes.
- Choosing Our Path Survey: Residents gave input on three possible scenarios for urban trails, bikeways, and shared streets, policy ideas, and pedestrian crossings from September 7– October 23, 2022.
- Public Review of Draft Plans: Residents reviewed and commented on the three draft plans from January 27 – March 21.
- Review Past Meetings and Materials
- ATX Walk Bike Roll video - a 20-minute video summarizing the goals and challenges of this planning process and ways you can get involved.
- ATX Walk Bike Roll public meeting recording, August 11, 2021
- ATX Walk Bike Roll presentation, August 11, 2021
- Choosing Our Path Virtual Open House, September 7 - October 23, 2022.
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Councils Joint meeting, February 6, 2023
- Urban Transportation Commission, February 7, 2023
- Commission on Aging, February 8, 2023
- Mayor's Committee for People with Disabilities, February 10, 2023
- Zoning and Platting Commission, February 21, 2023
- Joint Inclusion Committee, February 22, 2023
- Joint Sustainability Committee, February 22, 2023
- Comprehensive Plan Joint Committee, March 23, 2023
- Council Mobility Committee, May 11, 2023
- Planning Commission, May 30, 2023
- Planning Commission, July 25, 2023
Sign up for the Austin Mobility newsletter to receive updates on citywide projects, programs and events!