Beginning January 1, 2015, commercial premises must use a licensed private collection service provider, known as a private hauler. Get a list of licensed private haulers.
ARR may not provide service to new commercial customers. However, commercial customers ARR serviced prior to January. 1, 2015 may continue to receive those services. If a commercial customer chooses to contract with a private hauler then it cannot return to the service provided by ARR in the future.
Commercial service features
- Landfill trash collection (Trash carts can be emptied multiple times a week, depending on your needs.)
- Recycling collection
- Composting collection
The City of Austin only charges for trash services. Recycling and composting services are included at no additional cost. The monthly rate for commercial properties serviced by the City of Austin consists of the following charges: (all rates are taxable exact the Clean Community Fee):
- Base rate: $19.45 (this is a price increase of $0.65, effective October 1, 2022).
- Landfill trash cart charges: (landfill trash cart size x number of landfill trash carts) + (landfill trash collections per week).
- Landfill trash cart sizes:
- 24 gallons: $3.85
- 32 gallons: $5.10
- 64 gallons: $10.25
- 96 gallons: $30.70
- Frequency Surcharge:
- $0 for service once a week
- $40 for service twice a week
- $200 for service six days a week
- Clean Community Fee: $16.65 (this includes the ARR portion only, and is a price increase of $0.15, effective October 1, 2022).
- New service fee: $15
- Extra trash fees:
Recycling and composting
ARR collects recycling once every other week from most businesses that use City services. Composting is collected weekly. More frequent service is available for additional fees. Email ARR’s customer service team to make changes.
Downtown recycling and trash service
ARR manages a commercial trash and recycling dumpster contract for businesses located in the Downtown Austin Recycling and Trash Service District.