Austin City Hall


Businesses applying for a liquor license/beer permit from the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) must get the City Clerk's signature on their TABC form after completing the permitting process.
Learn how to become a Board or Commission member, what the role requires, and what training you will need to be successful.

See answers to frequently asked questions that property owners or residents may have about how to petition the City of Austin under Senate Bill 2038 (SB 2038) to request that their property be released from the City's extraterritorial jurisdiction (ETJ).

Access the Council Meeting Information Center to access information about the City Council, its meetings and its entities.

The public can participate in an Austin City Council meeting in two ways: through general public communication or by speaking on specific agenda items.
The City of Austin recognizes the people, programs, and events that make Austin unique by issuing proclamations and other recognitions. Learn how to request a proclamation.
You can search public records held by the Office of the City Clerk. These include council-approved records, municipal election documents, and municipal utility district documents.
In compliance with State Local Government Code Chapter 176, vendors and local government officers doing business with the City of Austin must file required forms with the City Clerk's office when a relevant conflict exists.

The City Clerk will post public notices, including Rule Postings, Election Notices, Firefighter, Police Officer, and EMS Personnel Civil Service Commission Notices, and other public notices.

The City of Austin's technical criteria manuals are available online through the Municode website.

Any communications posted on the City Council Message Board will be retained for a minimum of 6 years.