Delores Duffie Recreation Center now sits in the middle of the old Bertram-Huppertz place, which Rudolph Bertram acquired in 1875. The older portion of the building was the residence of Mr. Bertram who was a local store-owner in 1921; 17 acres were sold to the City of Austin after Charles Huppertz, Mr. Bertram's son-in-law died. In 1929, an after-school playground and Center program began at Delores Duffie. The Parks and Recreation Department developed the land and park in the 1930's. Tennis courts, picnic area, bandstand, baseball field and open spaces were available to the public. In 2019, Rosewood Neighborhood Park was awarded the Lone Stare Legacy Park Award through the Texas Recreation & Park Society.