The Environmental Health Services Division (EHSD) promotes public health and safety to ensure compliance with state and local health codes. View a complete list of services.
Attention: Austin Fire Department (AFD) has reduced their Mobile Food Vendor Fire Inspection and Fire Re-Inspection fee. The new fee amount is $200.00 per inspection.
For more information and other changes to mobile fire inspections, please visit their website using the link or QR code.
Due to the passing of Senate Bill 577, local health departments will no longer require registration of food manager certificates. Effective 8/9/2023, Environmental Health Services will not accept applications for food manager registrations. Per federal food code, continue to display a state Certified Food Protection Manager Certificate in a prominent location. Please see our Food Manager/Food Handler link under Food Safety Programs below for more information.
Expanded Mobile Food Vending Application Reviews
We are thrilled to announce that beginning on Monday, July 17, 2023, mobile food vending applications will be reviewed five days a week without an appointment. That's right - you will soon be able to bring your applications in for review without any prior scheduling!
Please note that while we have removed the appointment requirement, guidelines are in place to ensure fairness and equal opportunities for all customers due to the high volume and fluid nature of the mobile vending process. Appointments for the physical mobile unit inspection remain the same.
Click on the link for the complete mobile vending process and additional information: http://austintexas.gov/department/mobile-food-vendors
New Online Payment Option
Attention: As of February 21, 2023, Austin Public Health will now offer an online payment option via Citybase payment portal. From the Citybase online portal, you can make secure payments on your Austin Public Health invoice(s).
You have the option to check out as a Guest (one-time payment) or create a wallet to store payment information. If you would like to create a wallet to store payment information for future use, after checking out as a guest, there is a link to register on the receipt page.
Steps to making a payment online:
- Complete your application, renewal form, or reinspection notice and email to EHSD.Service@austintexas.gov for processing.
- You will receive an email from our staff once we have processed your application, renewal, or reinspection notice. The email will include a link to our payment portal and an invoice number.
- To make a one-time payment, click the Check out as Guest button below to proceed to the Citybase online payment portal.
- Please have your invoice you intend to pay available to complete portal payment.
Make a One-Time Payment by visiting https://austinpay.healthinspections.us/
Find instructions for One-Time Payments by visiting bit.ly/OneTimePaymentInstructions
MOBILE VENDING AND TRAVIS COUNTY INVOICES CAN NOT BE PAID ONLINE
In addition to our in-person services, you may submit your applications and requests for processing by:
- Mail: Austin Public Health, PO BOX 142529, Austin, TX 78714; along with payment by check or money order, or
- Email: EHSD.Service@austintexas.gov; and you will receive payment instructions to make payment.