Main Location: 6800 Burleson Road, Building 310, Suite 175
The main court location’s Hours of Operation: Monday thru Wednesday and Friday from 7:00am to 7:00pm; Thursday 7:00am to 10:00pm.
The main location is currently offering in person customer services and full court docket appearances. Walk-In mitigation docket to discuss your warrants, commitments and other pending cases with a judge is available:
Walk-In Mitigation Docket
Map to court parking and entry (PDF, 79 KB)
Jaime Padron North Substation: Effective October 31, 2022 Austin Municipal Court North Substation is open. Hours: 8am – 4:30pm, Monday- Friday. Address: 12425 Lamplight Village Ave, Austin, TX 78758.
Civil parking hearings are available at the main court location and at our office at City Hall. Hours of Operation at our main location: Monday through Friday, from 8am to 6pm. Hours of Operation at the City Hall location: Monday through Friday, from 9am to 1pm, then 2pm to 6pm, with a one-hour closure from 1pm to 2pm. Services provided: In-person civil parking hearings and payment plans.
- Many options are available that do not require a personal appearance.
The work of the court
Please note that all court settings are open to the public.
The Municipal Court is the judicial branch of local government, the City of Austin. The court commits to administering fair, efficient, and prompt justice. Court services are handled both onsite and online, or by telephone, email, and mail.
The court decides the lowest level criminal offenses in the state of Texas, including traffic, city ordinance, juvenile, and disabled parking.
The court also:
- Processes criminal case appeals
- Collaborates with community court
- Processes citizen complaints
- Presides over bench and jury trials
- Processes parking citations
- Responds to requests for public information
- Explains options when:
- delinquent cases are sent to the collection agency
- delinquent cases cause a juvenile or minor's driver's license renewal to be denied
- you are accused of a violating class C law in Austin, even if you don't live here
- you can't comply with court orders
Our Youth Services Unit:
- Helps juveniles and their families understand what they need to do to comply with court orders and/or program requirements.
- Provides educational alternative sentencing and deferral options that, if successfully completed, keep a charge off a juvenile’s record.
You can use an online form to request judicial information.
For information about fines, please see the charge codes and fine schedule.
Learn more about Municipal Court's performance and budget.