Obtaining an address is an integral part to the City of Austin’s permitting process. In order to acquire any type of permit, you must first have a valid address in our addressing database. The Address Management Services staff can verify and provide documentation for the following:
Street Name Verification
You can also verify the city and county your property is located in using our Jurisdictions Web Map. Just follow the simple instructions below to find your address and view the city information. You can also view these instructions with pictures included here.
1. Ensure that “Address Search” is selected in the dropdown box at the upper left.
2. Enter the address you are searching for in the text box to the right of the Address Search box and click the “Go” button.
3. If there is a match score of 100, the boxes in the Best Match section will be green.
4. If there is NOT a match score of 100, the closest matched address will appear in the Best Match section, however, the boxes will be red, indicating that the address you searched for did not have a match score of 100.
5. If the address you are looking for is listed in the “Possible Address Matches” section, you can click on the address to update the information and map with the selected address.
6. If the address contains buildings and/or units, they will be listed under the “Buildings and Units” tab along with their Place ID (which is known as the RSN in AMANDA)
7. The Annexation History tab will provide information regarding when the property was annexed into the City of Austin
8. The Property Profile tab will provide the legal description and zoning for the property as well as a link to the property record on the Travis Central Appraisal District (TCAD) or Williamson County Appraisal District (WCAD) web site.
1. Ensure that “Street Search” is selected in the dropdown box in the upper left.
2. Type in all or part of the street name in the text box next to Street Search. The tool will list all street names that contain the search string entered into the text box.
3. You can then select the street that you are interested in, which will then provide a list of valid addresses on that street.