Summer Art Escape 2022
Our theme this summer is discovery! Throughout each camp day, our Instructors will lead students through fun, age-appropriate, TEKS-based activities covering a variety of visual and performing arts. Make projects. Make friends. Make a mess. Make memories. Make it so.
Summer Art Escape will meet daily from Monday through Friday during each week-long session, starting at 7:30am and ending at 6:00pm. Unstructured free play will be held from 7:30am to 9am, allowing for staggered arrival times, and from 5pm to 6pm, so pickup does not interfere with planned class lessons. Student breaks during the day include active play. We may go outside, weather permitting. Students should bring two (2) healthy snacks (AM, PM), a lunch that does not require refrigeration or heating, a water bottle, closed-toe shoes, and art/movement appropriate clothing. Students will be grouped by age.
City of Austin staff, facilities, and students will follow the most current Austin Public Health COVID-19 safety guidelines.
Ages: 5-12 years old
Dates: Weekly Camps offered June 6 - August 12 (see session chart for details)
Times: Monday - Friday, 7:30am to 6:00pm
- $120 per session for Residents
- $200 per session for Non-Residents
Weekly Session Dates
|Session||Start Date||End Date||Skip Date||Days in
*Payment in full due date pushed due to City Holiday.
February 5-18, 2022, 10:00am
- For Pre-Approved Financial Aid or Adaptive/Inclusion Support Participants ONLY
- Must be City of Austin Residents
- Register in person or by phone (no online registration)
Saturday, February 19, 2022
- 10:00am (City of Austin Residents)
- 1:00pm (Non-Residents)
- Register in person or online
Pre-registration is required. Program space is limited.
- A non-refundable deposit of $20 per participant per session will reserve the spot at the time of registration.
- Any remaining balance is due by 5:00pm 21 days prior to the start of the enrolled session.
- If not received by that date/time, the spot and deposit will be forfeited.
- Participants that register after the program has filled can be added to the waitlist.
- No fee is required to be added to waitlist.
Program fees are only refunded in full if the class is canceled by the Parks and Recreation Department.
Youth Program Handbooks, Forms & Documents
- Youth Class Request Form - For a student to be placed in a different camp or class than he/she is assigned; otherwise, students are placed in camps and classes according to their age by birth date
- Youth Friend Request Form - For students who are the same age and wish to be placed in the same camp or class together; only one request per student is permitted