New Sustainability Programming for Kids: The Planet Protectors!
This summer, join the Office of Sustainability at your local library to learn from the Planet Protectors as they share important tips and lessons on how to take better care of the planet.
The Planet Protectors — Commander Sustainability, Captain Airiel, Hydro Crusader, and Agent Leaf — will help kids of all ages understand the importance of water conservation, healthy eating habits, clean air, and much more.
Each month, the Planet Protectors will take on a different topic at the following branches. Kids will receive a summer activity workbook with specific actions to take, and those who attend one session per month will get a special prize! Session dates, times, and themes are listed below:
June – What is Sustainability or “Going Green”?
- June 7, 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. - Willie Mae Kirk Branch
- June 14, 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. - Little Walnut Creek Branch
- June 22, 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. - Ruiz Branch
- June 29, 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. - University Hills Branch
July – Saving Water Saves the Planet
- July 5, 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. - Willie Mae Kirk Branch
- July 12, 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. - Little Walnut Creek Branch
- July 20, 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. - Ruiz Branch
- July 27, 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. - University Hills Branch
August – Sustainable Transportation and Clean Air
- August 2, 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. - Willie Mae Kirk Branch
- August 16, 4:30 - 5:30 p.m. - Little Walnut Creek Branch
- August 24, 4:30 - 5:30 p.m. - Ruiz Branch
- August 31, 4:30 - 5:30 p.m. - University Hills Branch
September – The Importance of Trees and Local Food