For information about Coronavirus (COVID-19) click here.
Please visit ATXRecovers.com for the latest resources and funding opportunities.
Events in Austin
Bringing Events Back: Austin-Travis County COVID-19 Safety Guide for Venues & Special Events
The City of Austin has launched new guidelines to enable events to begin reopening safely.
- Bringing Events Back: Austin-Travis County COVID-19 Event Safety Guide outlines COVID-19 health and safety recommendations for indoor venues, and new outdoor special event permit requirements for Austin Center for Events. These guidelines are a starting point for events to begin to happen again, and will be updated regularly as health conditions change.
- Please visit the dedicated Austin Center for Events webpage for additional information.
Austin Center for Events (ACE)
Oversees permitting and planning for special events and festivals:
- Event safety guidelines, Special Event Updates: COVID-19.
- Special Event Permit and planning information, ACE Planning Guide.
- Special Event Permit outdoor amplified sound requirements, ACE Planning Guide Section.
Outdoor Music Venue Permits
Issued to outdoor live music venues for amplified sound:
- Apply for an OMV Permit click here.
- Applicant Prepared Notice Agreement click here.
- Contact Brian Block for information on permit requirements and application.
Outdoor Amplified Music in Residential Neighborhoods
- OMV Permits may not be issued for the use of sound equipment located within 100 feet of property zoned and used as "residential".
- Amplified sound without a permit is only allowed in residential areas 10am to 10pm CST and up to 75 decibels.
Noise Ordinance: Chapter 9-2: Noise and Amplified Sound
Film & Media Production
Click here for film & media production information for required permits in Austin.
Street performing (a.k.a. "busking") is legal in Austin and does not require a permit unless you are performing in a City park. Please obey the following City Code requirements and best practices:
- Acoustic performances only, with sound at 85 decibels or under - NO amplification allowed.
- Don’t block sidewalks.
- Noise or music cannot be audible to a nearby business or residence after 10:30 PM CST.
- Always cooperate with Austin Police requests.
- Safety first! Make sure you’re performing where people can safely gather without danger of stepping into a roadway.
- Performing Artists in the Parks Permits: Performing artists are allowed to entertain in the parks provided they are registered with and approved by the Parks and Recreation Department. The permit fee for performing artists is $10 per day, and permits may be purchased in two-week increments. Please call 512-974-6797 for information.